Google Chrome is an internet browser that was developed by Google Inc. It has been around and used since 1998 and it is free for everyone to download. Since then, Google Chrome has gathered over hundreds of millions of users who use the web browser on a daily basis. The reason why it is so popular might be due to the fact that it is so versatile and customized as the user pleases. You can customize and enhance the web browser all of the Options that are available on the Google Chrome Menu.
You can access the Google Chrome Menu by clicking on its Icon on the Google Chrome browser. The Google Chrome Menu Icon will be on the top right corner of the browser right below the cross option. The Google Chrome icon will be a simple three identical horizontal rectangular strokes. The Google Chrome Menu will appear as drag down list when the icon is clicked.
So do not expect a New Tab to open when you click on the icon. Even from the drag down the list of the Menu, you can do a lot of things. The Menu is divided into six sections so it will be explained according to sectional of the
Read More: Google Chrome Review
The menu that you can see.
- The First Section will allow you to open a New Tab, a New Window and a New incognito window. A New Tab can also be accessed by holding down ‘Cltr + T’ together and it will open on the side. A New Window of the google chrome browser will open when you hold ‘Ctrl + N’ together. Holding down ‘Ctrl + Shift + N’ will open the incognito window which will let you browse the web in private.
- In the Second Section, you will be accessing the History, Downloads, Recent Tabs and Bookmarks Option. Without accessing the Google Chrome menu, the History Tab can be opened by the keyboard shortcuts ‘Ctrl + H’. The History Tab will list all the websites you have visited which you can erase any time. The Downloads Tab will list all downloads you have made and ‘Ctrl + J’ is the shortcut. The list of Recent Tabs will open on the left side and it will list the most recent eight tabs which were closed. The Bookmarks option will open all the Bookmarks that you have made while surfing the net. If you open the ‘chrome://bookmarks’ tab, you can organize the Bookmarks into Folders. You can also sync bookmarks and settings from other internet browsers you may make use of. You can also opt to toggle on and off the appearance of the Bookmark Toolbar below the Omnibar from the Google Chrome menu.
- The Third Section will contain three similar functions in regards to the appearance of your browser’s screen. You can zoom in and zoom out the google chrome browser’s screen as you seem fit. The option will be right beside the percentage of the zoom preview the screen is in. Press ‘-‘ if you wish to Zoom In and ‘+’ if you wish to Zoom Out the appearance of the screen. You can Full Screen the preview of the Google Chrome browser and you will need to press F11 when you are done.
- The Fourth Section will probably contain the most of Options that will allow you to control the chrome browser. You can Print or Save page as from this Section if you wish to do so by clicking on them respectively to your choice. If you have opened an informative site and you are searching for particular information, use the Find option. ‘Ctrl + F’ is the keyboard shortcut you can use to find info on that particular opened page. The More Tools will open another Menu containing more options which will be useful. The lists of Options are quite a lot and you can also find Extensions option in that portion of the chrome menu. Extensions are Google Chrome Add-ons that helps to make the use efficient and more productive.
- The Fifth Section is probably useful if you using the Office Suite within Google or other cloud storage providers. This option in the Chrome menu is neither really that useful nor useless in a sense. This is because you can easily Cut, Copy or Paste any text from the right click of your mouse. To do so, just highlight the body of text you wish to cut, copy or paste from somewhere else.
- The Sixth Section will contain the Settings, About Google Chrome and Help for the Google Chrome browser. The Settings Tab that is ‘chrome://settings’ will be where you can customize settings and configurations of your Chrome browser. About Google Chrome ‘chrome://chrome’ is a Tab that will contain information about the Google Chrome browser. You can also update the Chrome browser in this Tab. The Help portion will guide to the Online Help Center or Report an Issue you are facing with the browser.
- The Last Section will contain the ‘Exit’ option to exit the Google Chrome browser when you are done. You can always click on the cross at the browser’s top right side or ‘Alt + F4’ is another way.